Thursday, December 13, 2007

The problem with lists....

So a friend of mine (Thanks Greg) sent me the first Best of 2007 Music Lists - and while I was underimpressed - as I usually am with these things - the comments section had some funny thoughts...

First, one poster simply stated that the shittiness of the list was defined by this quote:

- A committee can make a decision that is dumber than any of its members." -- David Coblitz

Another funny commentator - "She truly makes music for people who listen to NPR but aren't smart enough to discuss anything they hear on there."

Now I disagree with the musician in question, so I'll leave that part off...

"writing about music is like dancing about architecture" - interesting quote

And lastly from this music list -

"rilo kiley's album touches on "everything from sex to post-relationship freedom?" Wow, a regular encyclopedia of topics, in between those two... " good stuff

So here is the problem with lists - everyone has an opinion. My general rule this year: I
ll try not to overly criticise any list as long as...

The list doesn't include Fall Out Boy. Quite possibly worst band/CD/music ever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay DK,

Cool blog but I notice a serious deficiency in your pet peeves list--thought it was appropriate to leave this comment in your "problem with lists" entry.


You forgot to have gnomes on your list! :-)

HJ said...

Great start on the Blog, well done