Sunday, April 6, 2008

here in chitown

So, Mo and I are in Chicago - it's quite fun - a few observations...

- there are so many freaking men here.

- We went to the Cubs game yesterday. It was awesome. Chicago is very passionate about their Cubbies - and I appreciate that. It made me hate the Nationals even more - since very few people actually care and passion is left for politics...

- no surprises.. It sort of amazes me when I go to a ballpark for a baseball game and the staff at the park seem surprised that people are hungry or thirty. Several times at RFK - they ran out of things like... hot dog rolls or ice. At Camden Yards - I had the worst service ever - a woman who was holding everyone hostage because she would only cook one order at a time (I tried to start a riot - but choose instead to get her fired)... At Wrigley field - the game started at 12:00 - the lines were manageable, food was good, beer was flowing... No surprises - in a good way...

- they had the most organized bathroom line in the history of waiting to go... The folks here are Pros when it ocmes to handling crowds - and they are nice about it...

- While in the beer line just before the end of the 7th inning - they guy in front of me realized he only had enough cash for two beers - and he wanted/needed four. after multiple attempts to get $$ from his friends - he called on of them over to stand with him. There, he convinced the kiosk guy to hold his friend there "hostage" while we went to the ATM. The man agreed and 4 beers were poured -- all was well. Amazing. In DC the people who work the stadium don't even know how to make change - let alone be able to handle a situation like that.

- lastly, and in the interest of full disclosure - I had so much fun at our Cubs outing. We wentout around the stadium afterwards and I was home and passed out by 10:00... Maureen has a picture - I'm sure she is willing to share...

No comments: